Download FaceTime For PC Windows XP/7/8
FaceTime for PC is a video chat, messaging service developed by Apple.
The app’s highly popular amongst those using the video calling service for personal use.
June 2010 Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO, announced that the FaceTime video calling app was being released with the iPhone 4. Now, FaceTime supports any iOS device and Mac and isn’t officially available for use on PCs that run other operating systems.
But with a few tweaks and by downloading additional programs, you’ll be able to enjoy FaceTime for PC Windows.
Since the FaceTime app runs on Apple operating systems, to get the FaceTime for PC you’ll need to download and install an iOS emulator such as iPadian.
In this article, we’ll see how to download Facetime For PC.
Features of FaceTime
- You are able to video call in HD with FaceTime. Connect with friends and you’ll enjoy a smooth, uninterrupted calling experience. FaceTime also has features that hone in on your voice, minimizing background noises. So you won’t have to spend time adjusting your speakers or fiddling with your audio system.
- Only your contacts can call you on FaceTime. And it’s solely up to you to decide who to add to your list. So you won’t be inundated with calls from random people. Also, you can block FaceTime calls temporarily or for as long as you want.
- There are lots of other little settings and features you can utilize whilst making a video call. You can mute calls, decline an incoming call whilst you’re chatting to someone else. You can put your current call on hold when accepting an incoming call.
- It’s a user-friendly app and it’s easy to use. To register and open FaceTime on your device, just sign in with your Apple ID. All you need to make a call and add someone to your contact list is their number or a email address.
Other great features :
- FaceTime has picture-in-picture view. So you’ll be able to see yourself – how you look to the other person during a video call.
- When someone calls you through FaceTime, the call will ring, even if FaceTime hasn’t been launched.
- FaceTime has a built-in HD camera and also supports widescreen videos. So you’ll be able to video call using your entire screen and fit everyone into the call.
- FaceTime Audio, a feature of FaceTime. is an audio-only version of FaceTime. It’s perfect for making voice calls, with a dramatic improvement in sound quality. As long as you have a stable internet connection, it makes for a great alternative to normal mobile calls. It doesn’t use much data and is terrific feature of FaceTime, ideal to have alongside FaceTime video calling on your device.
- Facetime puts a big emphasis on security. Unlike other video calling services such as Google Hangouts, FaceTime is end-to-end encrypted. It means all video calling, audio calls and user settings will remain private and secure.
- The FaceTime app is totally free.
How To Download FaceTime for PC Windows
Minimum Requirements To Download FaceTime for PC
- To download FaceTime for PC Windows you’ll need either a PC with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10.
- 2 GB RAM data storage available.
- A built-in webcam on your Windows PC with a headset or microphone.
- A stable internet connection.
- You’ll need iPadian – essentially and iOS emulator allowing you to play Apple’s FaceTime for PC.
Steps To Download FaceTime For PC
- Download iPadian from the official site.
- Click on the ‘search’ icon and search for FaceTime.
- When presented with the option, click ‘install’.
- Accept any user agreements and terms and conditions, then the installation process will begin automatically.
You are not currently able to download FaceTime for PC Windows using an official method or from any official Apple site. iPadian is essentially a custom Apple Store. It gives Windows PC users the opportunity to download the most popular iOS apps.
So download iPadian and you’ll bring Apple’s ecosystem to your PC, allowing you to download, install and utilize the FaceTime for PC for free.
You can also download Facetime for PC thanks to the FaceTime app APK file and using BlueStacks. Here is how :
- Firstly, download BlueStacks.
- Complete the setup process and agree to any user terms and conditions.
- Download the FaceTime APK file and then open it with the APK handler which is in the root directory of BlueStacks. Locate ‘apk handler.exe’ which will be located in ‘C:\Program Files\bluestack’.
FaceTime FAQ Section
How Can I Connect With Someone On FaceTime And Make A Call?
- You’ll first need to add your contact to your list by entering either an email address, Apple ID or a mobile number.
- Then simply tap the phone or video icon under their name to start an audio or video call.
If you’re using FaceTime on iOS device, there’s a feature that enables you to connect with someone on FaceTime whilst you are in the middle of a call.
Just tap the FaceTime video icon and you’ll be able to continue chatting face-to-face on a video call.
Can I Use FaceTime Anywhere In The World?
As long as both the caller and the recipient are connected to a Wi-Fi network, you can FaceTime with people across the world.
Some telecommunication companies may however impose certain limitations for using FaceTime.
FaceTime often comes preinstalled on most Apple devices. But this may not be the case on devices purchased or operated in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Pakistan.
Is FaceTime Free?
FaceTime does charge a small fee of 99 Cents – installation free.
There are also ways you can get FaceTime for free, by downloading an APK file for example. But get FaceTime from an official Apple source and there is an initial charge.
When you have FaceTime installed on your device, making audio calls and video calling will be free over Wi-Fi. But it will use data allowance if you’re on 3G for example.
How Can I FaceTime Multiple People Simultaneously?
Currently you’re not able to conference with FaceTime. You’re only able to make one-to-one calls.
By focussing on this, Apple have been able to enhance the caller experience – audio calls are crystal clear without interference and video calling are possible in HD.
What Can I try If FaceTime Isn’t Working?
There are a number of instances when FaceTime may not be working. Here are the possible solutions.
- Ensure that you have an active mobile data plan or you’re connected to Wi-Fi and have a stable internet connection.
- Check your device’s security settings. It may have changed or your firewall may have been updated resulting in a blockage of the network.
- If you want to use your device’s network, ensure ‘use cellular data’ is on for FaceTime. Go to ‘settings’, ‘use data for’ and ensure it’s possible to use for the FaceTime app.
- Occasionally when attempting to launch FaceTime, a ‘waiting for activation’ message will appear. In this instance just close FaceTime then launch it again.
- If you’re not able to make calls or video call on FaceTime, ensure your phone numbers, email addresses are correct in your contact list. If others are having trouble connecting to you, double check your own details.