BlueStacks for PC is an Android Emulator. An Android Emulator is a platform that allows you to install Android apps and use them on your non-Android device, such as on your laptop, PC and Mac.
Platform compatibility can be a problem for an app. When a new app comes on the market, people want to download it and start using it. Thanks to this android emulator, it’s now possible to play popular gaming apps and use other free android apps on your PC.
To download BlueStacks on your PC is also free. A useful and convenient application for Android app users, providing a solution for the previously long-term issue of app compatibility.
Download BlueStacks for PC and you’ll be able to install Android apps, save them and access the apps all through one place.
What Is BlueStacks App Player?
BlueStacks App Player allows you to play Android apps on your desktop.
You can use games such as Clash of Clans, Candy Crush Saga and messaging apps such as Snapchat and WhatsApp on your Mac or Windows PC for free.
Download BlueStacks for PC and the desktop icon will act as a virtual Window. A Window that enables you to run Android apps and seamlessly navigate between the two operating systems.
This Android Emulator is perfect if you’re a Windows or Mac user. And want to immerse yourself into an Android environment without having to shell out and purchase an Android device.
Features of BlueStacks App Player
It allows you to use android apps on your computer. You can search for, download and install apps from a choice of over 1bn mobile Android apps.
The Android Emulator requires you to have a stable internet connection during the installation process. But with the offline installer, you can download BlueStacks on your Windows or Mac. And this free of cost.
Also, the android emulator has a Cloud Connect tool. This tool allows you to sync data from your Android device to your PC. This way, you’ll be able to download and install free Android apps on your phone, and sync them straight to your PC to use with the android emulator.
BlueStacks Minimum Requirements
- You can install Android apps through BlueStacks on Windows PCs and laptops, Mac, Android, HTML5 and Flash; platforms are PC HTML/Flash.
- Requires 2GB RAM/4GB of disk space for storing Android apps and their data.
- Dirext X 9.0 – application program interfaces – or higher needs to be installed.
- Framework 3.5 SP3 or higher.
- Ensure your PC’s graphic drivers are updated to support the running of apps.
Can I Download BlueStacks on Mac/iOS?
Yes, you can download BlueStacks for free on Mac/iOS devices and use it to install Android apps.
- Firstly, ensure your Mac/iOS has the minimum requirements and is fully compatible.
- To download the android emulator for your Mac/iOS, visit com. Click on ‘download’ and select iOS in the top right hand corner next to the search bar. Then into the search bar, type in ‘BlueStacks App Player’ and select the second option for Mac.
- Click download and once completed, open the downloads folder. Double click on the DMG file, then run through the installation process, accepting the terms and conditions.
- Drag the icon across to the apps folder and drop it in the folder.
- Wait for this process to complete – it may take several minutes since the android emulator is a large application with a large files size.
- Open the apps folder and click on the shortcut.
- You’ll then be able to set up BlueStacks, add your user settings and information. Now you can install free Android apps on your new Android Emulator for Mac.
BlueStacks Offline Installer: Is It Possible?
The BlueStacks Offline Installer for PC is available. This installer means that you don’t need an internet connexion during the installation process.
You can install the android emulator without the need for Wi-Fi. But to get the last versions, we recommend that you download BlueStacks latest version rather BlueStacks Offline Installer.
How Can I install An APK File on BlueStacks App Player?
There are a few methods of installing the APK file of an Android app through BlueStacks.
- Firstly, download your chosen APK file to your computer in any folder.
- Find and open the file in the App Player using the ‘APK handler’ – apk handler.exe. It will be present in the root directory in the location: C:\Program Files\bluestack.
Alternatively follow these instructions:
- Open up the android emulator and in the search bar, search for your Android app.
- You’ll be taken to a page where you’ll see the icon of the Android app.
- Double click on the icon. The relevant store will open where you’ll be able to search for the APK file and download it directly from there. You’ll need to sign in with your Google account – or create one to have access to Google Play Store.
There’s another method for installing the APK file of an Android app. This is the method that most laptop, PC and Mac users tend to prefer:
- Open up BlueStacks, and on the menu/welcome screen, select the ‘Android bar’ at the top of the page.
- Then go to the home page and type the name of your Android app, for example WhatsApp, into the search bar.
- A page with an icon of your Android app will open. Double click the icon and the installation process will take place. The app will be installed on your PC for free.
- To now get the APK file onto the BlueStacks App Player, drag the WhatsApp.APK file. Drop it into the App Player icon or onto the App Player screen.
- The WhatsApp APK file will now install and save in the App Player.
Note that the latest version of BlueStacks actually has an APK button on the sidebar. With this, you can install and save any APK file of your choice directly onto the BlueStacks App Player.
Can I Use WhatsApp To Send Pictures/Videos On My PC via BlueStacks?
- Open up BlueStacks. Under ‘settings’, select ‘import Windows files’. This method is for Windows.
- A notification will pop up – ‘Import Windows files to Android’. Click ‘proceed’.
- Then you can select and import image/video files from any location on your PC.
- Your selected files will be imported straight to the android emulator where you can to view them in the ‘Gallery’.
- Open up WhatsApp, click the ‘attachment’ icon. Now you can select your images directly from WhatsApp.
This method works if you want to send images from any application via BlueStacks. Follow the same instructions when sending/uploading images to Instagram, Facebook etc.
Today, there are other developers who have released software in an effort to get a piece of the ever-growing app market. BlueStacks is still one of the best Android Emulators out there with over 130m users in 196 countries.
But the likes of Console OS, Android-x86, Genymotion and Andy Android Emulator have gained in popularity amongst Windows and Mac users.
Frodo C64 emulator supports a range of different sound modes, gaming platforms and gaming controllers. It also gives you the option of switching to different gaming modes. Frodo C64 is free but you can download C64.emu – the stable version of the emulator – for a fee.
Andyroid has some unique features. For example; you can download free Android apps for PC. And sync your device with your mobile, using your smartphone as a remote control when playing games. The Andy Emulator is very similar to Genymotion. They differ from BlueStacks in that they both require additional software – VirtualBox.
Droid4X, established in 2013, is the best like-for-like alternative. It covers the features and specifications of BlueStacks. It’s available to download already pre-rooted, and it comes with the Google Play Store pre-installed. The user interface is sleek. The emulator is user-friendly and it’s free to download on Windows PCs.
BlueStacks runs on all Windows devices and Mac systems. It’s truly one of the best options for running Android apps on your PC.
It’s your one-stop shop for everything Android and will enable you to enjoy the full Android experience on the larger screen of your laptop.
The App Player performs admirably – there’s no lag times when downloading or using apps and everything can be launched within seconds.
Download any app you want and it won’t put a strain on your PC’s performance. Open and use multiple apps – multitask, play games and check your messages all at once.
Cilck here to download Bluestacks
If you’re craving the Android experience, download BlueStacks for PC and you’ll be able to enjoy the best of Android at your fingertips, from the comfort of your PC.